Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Some pictures, but some I can't take

Sunset at the Corniche
Sunrise at the beach
Doha, from my apartment patio
Downtown Doha, from the Corniche





A few 'money shots' from out and about Doha the last couple of days - not sure why the sunsets have been so fantastic the last week.  No - it wasn't smoke from burning Saudi oil facilities, though those are not too far from here...  Just enjoying it.

I see a lot of gorgeous scenes.  Walking out of work at Al Udeid air base last week at sunset, there was the beautiful orange/ purple sky on one side, then the moon rising on the opposite horizon... and even with the barren desert it is was gorgeous.  And for an airplane geek, I was right next to the ramp, so there were some USAF jets parked- and as a bonus got to watch a couple of US fighter aircraft (powered by my company's product...) rip down the runway and zoom climb - a special treat.  Alas, no pictures allowed at the base...

But I did get to grab a couple of shots of another work adventure... got to ride on a US Navy helo from Doha out to a ship at sea - and back - for a planning conference.  I rode helos more my last mobilization, so it wasn't a NEW experience, but it was still pretty cool - and I am getting paid to do it.   

My ride - taking off for home

Riding in the helo over the Arabian Gulf
Ride inbound

No comments:

Post a Comment