Sunday, February 22, 2009

One week closer, and am learning more

One week closer. Kids had vacation this past week, so I took a few days off from work and spent some time with the family. Nothing too special, though did take the boys skiing which was a lot of fun. As I was "flying" down the slopes with only a limited semblance of control, I sort of wondered what would happen if I broke a leg. Fortunately, I did not...

I did get in touch with folks in theater and actually have a good idea of who I will be working for, what I will be doing, and where I will be - even received an e-mail from my future boss. If my orders are not changed, it sounds like a great job and a good location. Of course, I know well enough that orders can change and until I am actually in country on the job, I am not going to get too excited just yet. But it is nice to have an idea of my future 'home' and points of contact. With that, am not too worried about the rest - have traveled half way around the world on orders enough to know how to find my way. Had a couple of humorous experiences in Korea trying to communicate with cab drivers who really had no idea where I wanted to go... not a good sign when they stop and ask other cabbies for directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment